Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Give Me Some Sugar!

My sweetie has a sweet tooth that rivals my own. I didn't even know that was possible. It's troubling when we inevitably reach the 'last bite'. But fortunately, he's better at sharing than I am. So this Valentine's Day, I've made a sweet treat that's his for the taking: Cranberry Nut Fudge. It's just two ingredients. And the sheer willpower not to eat the whole batch on your own. Although, there's still plenty of time before V-Day. Go ahead and make a "test" batch. I won't tell. But I will tell the clever crew at Whole Foods thank you!
Find their other Valentine's recipes here.
Here are your two ingredients: dark chocolate and trail mix. Simple as that! I chose a variety full of dried cranberries, walnuts, almonds, and pumpkin seeds.
Roughly chop your chocolate and divide your trail mix - half of it will get stirred into the fudge, while the other half goes on top.
Melt your chopped chocolate on low heat, then stir in your treats.
Pour your fudge batter into a baking pan lined with parchment paper and pop it in the freezer for an hour (or longer) to set.
There you have it! It looks good enough to eat.
But remember - it's a present.
Although...who's really gonna notice if you snag a small square??
All dressed up for the big reveal. Now go treat your sweetie!

3 comments:

  1. OMG, even if this fudge wasn't so yummy, Kate's running comments make it well worth reading through this recipe! Please keep posting recipes w/your chuckle-invoking notes! :) fitj

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made another batch last night - with dark chocolate and pieces of peppermint. Best yet! And I reluctantly shared it with friends :)

    ReplyDelete